Forming A Utah Business? Weber Law Group, PLLC Can Help
Business Formation And Employment Law For Business Owners
Starting a business is an exciting venture — full of promise and possibilities. It is also a risky venture that calls for careful review and execution. Business formation requires planning and awareness of necessary steps and considerations, including:
- Selection of entity type: Will your business be a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an S corporation or limited liability company (LLC)? An experienced business law attorney can help you (and your partners, if applicable) answer this important question and proceed accordingly.
- What are the business’s long-term goals? Build them into your business plan now — including the projected end goal, however far off you expect that to be. Do you expect the business to dissolve, merge with another business or pass on to business partners and/or family members someday? Structure the business in such a way that you will always be working toward that goal.
- What must the business do to fulfill government requirements? We advise you about annual meetings, annual reports, registration, licensing and so on.
- Do you have a partnership agreement, bylaws, or operating agreement in place? Our business law attorneys can help you develop these vitally important agreements to ensure your business is set up for success.
- What do you need to do to manage business operations correctly? Namely, how will you handle hiring and firing, employment contracts, benefits, manuals and training, purchase and sale of equipment, raw materials and other supplies, service contracts, a commercial lease (if applicable), payroll and sales tax collection and submissions? Our business law attorneys can help ensure you have the proper documentation in place.
- How will you protect your business’s trade secrets, anticipating and dealing with the employee mobility that is so common in today’s workforce?
Seek advice and assistance from a reputable business law firm. Get these and other vital business startup matters going in the right direction. Weber Law Group, PLLC is a valuable resource for Utah entrepreneurs and established owners business owners alike. Schedule a consultation with a lawyer in our American Fork or Lehi offices by calling 801-653-0385 or sending an email inquiry through this website.